Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Treasure Hunting


Saturday I went to Nashville with my mom, and we went to one of the biggest flea markets I have ever seen. It was huge! We weren’t really looking for anything in particular, but I did happen to stumble across a few things. I got a great deal on a shelf for the nursery. It was probably the deal of the day! I also got a few things that will eventually show up in this blog.


I bought a cast iron pan, which my grandmother says is for making corn muffins. I plan to make some mini tarts in it though after also purchasing this tart cookbook. There are some great recipes I plan to try out soon!



I also purchased some Watkin’s Double Strength Vanilla flavoring. This is the next best thing to using actual vanilla beans in my book. My mom bought me the plate because we thought it would be cute displayed in my kitchen.


So there you have it; my trove of treasures. All the walking did me in Saturday and I am still recovering. Therefore the meal plan for last night went out the window. I was just too tired to cook, so we just made do with whatever we found in the fridge. I am going to try to stick to the plan for the rest of the week though. Tune in to see if my good intentions come to fruition.

3 comments:

That Girl said...

So jealous! I've been looking for a cast iron pan for cornbread for months now!

deLa said...

do they have cracker barrels in cali? that is where i have bought all of mine and they are pre seasoned.

Nicole said...

I love that platter. Vanilla is amazing. Sometimes I just open the bottle to take a wiff. It smells soooo heavenly.