Thursday, March 20, 2008

A little less talk

and a lot more action! Well, I put my money ( or should I say my cooking) where my mouth is last night and I cooked a real dinner for the first time since the awful pregnancy sickness hit me. ;) I got motivated after browsing some of my favorite blogs yesterday. So, I got home and got in the kitchen! I didn't go overboard though and kept it simple. I made Balsamic Grilled Chicken, which is an easy and familiar recipe for me, and a new spin on roasted potatoes. I forgot to take pictures because I was so excited about cooking again! The potatoes turned out great though, so here's the recipe:

Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Source: Me

8 small/medium red potatoes sliced into wedges
Olive oil
Hot sauce - use your favorite kind
2 large cloves of garlic minced
1 1/2 TBSP butter
Sea Salt
Parmesan Cheese - grated

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the potato wedges on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and hot sauce. Use your hands to toss and coat the potatoes. Arrange them in a single layer across the pan and sprinkle with salt. Bake for about 20 minutes. They should be fork tender.

Take out of the oven and sprinkle liberally with grated parmesan cheese. Turn off the oven, but stick them back in for about 5 - 7 minutes. The cheese will melt together and form little parmesan crunchies.

While the potatoes are back in the oven, place minced garlic and butter in a small sautee pan over medium heat. I also sprinkled a little sea salt in there because I like my potatoes extra salty. Let the butter melt and simmer the garlic until it is tender, but watch out and don't let it burn.

After the potatoes come out of the oven place them in your serving dish making sure you get all the parmesan crunchies off the pan and into the dish. Drizzle the garlic butter over the potatoes and toss to coat. You could strain the minced garlic out of the butter if you wanted, but we love garlic at my house so I left it in.

These were really good and I will definitely make them again.

No comments: