Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summertime

I guess it's technically not quite summertime yet, but it sure feels like it! And the fresh corn is everywhere in the local grocery stores. I love to grill fresh ears of corn!

I came up with this recipe as a quick side the other night. It was a big hit and I'll be making it again!


Grilled Corn & Potato Salad
Source: Me

1 small white onion sliced in 1/2" slices (if you pulled them apart it would be like onion rings)
3 ears fresh corn, shucked
3 medium red potatoes, sliced in 1/4" slices
3 tbsp butter, softened
5 fresh basil leaves, minced
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
salt and pepper, to taste

In a medium saucepan, cover your potatoes with water and bring to a boil. Add some salt to flavor the potatoes. I'll leave how much up to your discretion. I like my potatoes salty.

Boil just until fork tender. Drain. Grill onions, corn and par boiled potatoes. Here's a hint: put the onion rings on a piece of foil on the grill to keep them from falling through when you turn them!) Remove from the grill and mince the onion (I used a mini chopper to make this job easier) and cut corn off the cob. Add to bowl with potatoes.

In a separate small bowl mix softened butter with basil and parmesan cheese. Add butter mixture to the potatoes, corn and onions. Toss until melted and covered with the yummy, cheesy, basily (and yes, I'm aware the last one's not a real word) butter.


I served it with some Italian dressing marinated chicken that I grilled along side the corn, potatoes and onions. This made for a pretty quick and fantastic summer dinner!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh this looks delicious!! I can't wait to try it soon! :)

https://businessplan-enkhmaa.blogspot.com/ said...

this looks delicious

alex said...

whoah.. it makes me starve from that food.. looks very dlicious.. hope to taste it..

Edina MN Realty
Minnesota Real Estate
Local Internet Marketing
Gift Baskets
baby gift baskets
Christmas Gift Baskets

keschen said...

this salad looks soo yumm.. i can't wait to try it!!

xoxo

ps: check out my blog if you have time and please follow if you like:)
http://raindropsofred.blogspot.com/